Thursday, July 28, 2016

Quick Final Reflection

Although I'm a little late (due to my current trip in Korea where I also have limited access to the Internet), I felt the need to post a quick reflection of my 9-week trip to China. By participating in Georgia Tech's 2016 China LBAT program, I was able to experience a new world. Of course, because Korean and Chinese culture do share a lot of similarities, I was better off than some of my other classmates. It also helped that I blended right in with the Chinese, which meant that instead of being approached with a "hello" I was approached with a "ni hao." This meant that although my Chinese wasn't the best, I still had more of an opportunity to practice my Chinese. I spent my 20th birthday far away from my family for the first time; instead, I was surrounded by the kindest new friends that I made during this trip who came in at midnight to celebrate my birthday. I had the chance to get to know my professors from Tech even more as they became our parents during the trip. Aside from the opportunities I had and the awesome people I had the chance to meet, I definitely grew as an individual as I spent time away from home (very far from home). If you ever get the chance, I would definitely recommend going out and looking for programs offered by your school because it's definitely rewarding. I completely understand that the program fees may be a burden, but there are definitely a lot of scholarships and grants offered, so studying abroad should be quite an attainable goal. For example, for this trip, I was lucky enough to receive the Zell Miller Scholarship, the Coca-Cola Mobility Grant, and the Gilman Scholarship. Look! There are already 3 scholarships you can look into! Thanks for following my blog, and I wish you the best of luck in finding your own life-changing study abroad program! 再见!

No comments:

Post a Comment