Thursday, June 23, 2016

Day 30: To Church & A Milstone

Day 30: Today, I woke up early to get ready to attend the Sunday service for foreigners. I headed out to eat food in the school cafeteria where I got 生煎馒头 (AKA Pan-fried dumplings / shēng jiān mántou). Even after eating these dumplings, I wanted to get mango cream bread from 85 Degrees Bakery, but when I got there, again, they didn’t have any, so I settled for iced milk tea and a mango muffin (that actually was more like a waffle sandwich with mango cream in the middle). Wow, I’ve realized that I eat so much here in China. 

  

After my afternoon feast, I headed to church for the Shanghai Community Fellowship service, or the foreigners’ service. The sermon was led by a pastor who was heading to Munich, Germany to set up another church after spending many years in Shanghai, and although I struggled slightly due his accent, the general idea of his sermon, which was more like a testimony about his choices, was very interesting. Like usual, the praise team was awesome, and I know I’m going to miss them the most when I leave Shanghai. 

  

  

Today also commemorates a huge event in my life. I learned how to use the subway! I know I’ve been using the subway as transportation, but I was only able to use it with other people because I’ve always found subways to be confusing, but after church, I took the time to practice alone, and now I feel confident! I did end up using a lot of money on my Shanghai Transportation Card, but I feel that it was worth it. Now, I feel like I can use what I learned in Shanghai in other cities like Seoul. As a reward, I stopped by at a bakery on the basement of Pacific Plaza Mall to buy bread.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment