Saturday, June 25, 2016

Day 34: The Acrobats

Day 34: Today's weather wasn't the best. It was really foggy and was raining hard, and the fact that I had a lesson test, a group presentation, and a diary presentation definitely didn't add to my desire to attend class today. However, we made it through! Here are pictures of the not-so-good weather today. Like I mentioned, after seeing the weather through our hotel window, I really didn't want to go to class.

  

After going to class and our weekly tutoring session, our professor took us to Shanghai Circus World, which has its own subway stop, so it's relatively easy to find. While we were waiting for some classmates who were arriving to the location at a later time, we met a lady from Qingdao, and although this sounds mean, she was dressed like a witch from Hocus Pocus. Anyways, she came up to us pretty subtly, started laughing with us, and tried to join our group. After we let her in, she showed us pictures of her "foreign" friends, and later, she took pictures with my "foreign" friends, or basically all of the Caucasian people in our group. After finally getting into the circus area, I finally found out that the name of the show was "Era: Intersection of Time." I'm pretty sure this is a show that they offer all the time at this circus, so you should be fine in terms of going to Shanghai and watch this show anytime. The show itself was amazing, and especially since we sat pretty close to the stage area, it was even more amazing. The show had an intermission, and because the people at the acrobat show were so strict about the "No taking pictures and videos" rule (they shot a red laser at anyone trying to take a picture or video!), I didn't take anything during the first part of the show. However, after learning that most of my classmates were secretly taking pictures, I decide to do the same. I mean, we're in China, where a lot of people don't follow the rules, and like the idea of "In Rome, do what the Romans do," I chose to break the rules (because I wanted to show you and my family). I had a lot of fun and saw a lot of dangerous stunts being performed, and again, with a lot of the places I've visited, I would've totally regretted not going, so it's also another reason for you to visit Shanghai, too!

 

 

  

  

Also, another amazing trait of this show was that all the music was live! Although the singer came onto the stage near the end of the show, I knew from the beginning about this live singer because she was singing in a slightly covered room right next to me!

 

Here are some videos that I took, too! My favorite part of the show was definitely the motorcycles in the "ring of death" (the name that my friend used to describe the act), which is the last video. Please excuse the fact that the quality isn't the best though.

 






No comments:

Post a Comment